Don't you think it's about time that we create a Family Cookbook? Well, I DO! I've spent some time researching trying to come up with the easiest (free) way to get it going, and I believe this is it. Please post any of your favorite recipes, also any tips -- cooking, household, beauty, whatever -- and any inspirational thoughts (whether your own, or someone else's.) I would LOVE to have pictures to include as well. You could take pictures of the dishes/recipes you are submitting, or even just great pictures (or even below average pictures) of you and your family!

Please label each post with an appropriate label (i.e., salad, dessert, vegetarian, household tip, inspiration, etc.) Go ahead and add labels as needed; and it's ok to have more than one label per recipe/post.

My plan is to take what we assemble here, and put it into book form. I would love to have it ready for our Thanksgiving Extravaganza!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

2 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 cup milk
3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. sliced green onions, divided (I used a small, chopped regular
onion.)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt

Pierce potatoes; microwave on HIGH 5 min., turning over after 2 1/2 min.
Cut potatoes into chunks. Combine potates, broth and milk (and regular
onion) in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 6 min., stirring
after 3 min. Slightly crush potatoes with a potato masher or blend with a hand mixer.

Reserve 2 Tbsp. each of the bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the green onions for topping; set aside. Add remaining bacon, cheese, and green onions to soup.

Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.

Makes (4) 1 cup servings.

I have made all sorts of substitutions and variations. I haven't been disappointed yet! Hint: If you want to add broccoli, cook it separately, and add it after you've crushed/blended everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment