Don't you think it's about time that we create a Family Cookbook? Well, I DO! I've spent some time researching trying to come up with the easiest (free) way to get it going, and I believe this is it. Please post any of your favorite recipes, also any tips -- cooking, household, beauty, whatever -- and any inspirational thoughts (whether your own, or someone else's.) I would LOVE to have pictures to include as well. You could take pictures of the dishes/recipes you are submitting, or even just great pictures (or even below average pictures) of you and your family!

Please label each post with an appropriate label (i.e., salad, dessert, vegetarian, household tip, inspiration, etc.) Go ahead and add labels as needed; and it's ok to have more than one label per recipe/post.

My plan is to take what we assemble here, and put it into book form. I would love to have it ready for our Thanksgiving Extravaganza!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Puffed Oven Pancake

3 Tbsp. butter
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar
1 cup strawberries, sliced

Preheat oven to 450.  Melt butter in a 9" pie pan in oven (watch it so the butter doesn't burn).  Whisk eggs and milk, sift in flour, whisking until well combined.  Add vanilla.  Pour into pie pan.  Bake 20 min. until puffed and golden brown.  Fill with strawberries and powdered sugar.  Serves 2-4 people

No comments:

Post a Comment